I am 15 years old and the main reason I attend Mass each week is because my Father makes me. However, I understand why it is an important part of my life. The values portrayed in the gospels serve as a sound basis for my decision making. This is evident at my school and in my family.
The Eucharist provides me with a time each week to reflect and pray. I pray asking God to bless my family and our friends, to be part of major justice issues in the world, and I thank God for all the blessings I have been given.
Sometimes Mass is boring and I find it difficult to relate to the community as fewer young people attend, unless it is a special occasion like Christmas. Our parish is very active and I enjoy playing basketball and football in the parish teams.
- Chapter 1: How the Eucharist Evolved
- Chapter 2: Preparation to Opening Prayer
- Chapter 3: Liturgy of the Word, Creed, Intercessions
- Chapter 4: Preparation of the Gifts
- Chapter 5: Liturgy of the Eucharist
- Chapter 6: Communion and Dismissal
- Chapter 7: The Post-Eucharist Mission
- Chapter 8: The Abiding Presence
- Chapter 9: Prayer before the Blessed Sacrament
- Chapter 10: Eucharist and Reconciliation
- Chapter 11: Eucharist as Nourishment
- Chapter 12: Eucharist as Transformation
- Chapter 13: Eucharist and Covenant
- Chapter 14: Eucharist and Sacrifice
- Chapter 15: Eucharist as Memorial
- Chapter 16: Eucharist and Hope
- Chapter 17: Eucharist and Ecumenism
- Chapter 18: Eucharist and the Cosmos
- Chapter 19: Eucharist and Mystery
- Chapter 20: Eucharist and Living Simply
- Chapter 21: Conclusion
- Appendix: Eucharistic Prayers
- Witness Stories
- Further Reading
- The Author
- Copyright Notice
Contact Frank O’Dea SSS
Comments, queries and feedback are welcome! Please complete the contact form below:
To print from this e-book, click the 'Print' button at the bottom of each page.
- 232,393 page views